The Marionette

Fall into local festivities

Christen Rowland watches as Carlos Flores (class of 2018) paints her daughter's face at the 2017 Arts Festival in this file photo.

File

File

Jordyn Daniels, Reporter/Video Editor

With fall quickly approaching, there are a number of festivals, fairs and family fun available in the metro area. Here’s a list of just a few events to kick off September:

The Oklahoma County state fair began on Sept. 13 and runs through Sept. 23. The fair features concerts, one-of-a-kind foods and Disney on Ice. Tickets are $12 for adults, $6 for kids 6-11 and kids 5 and under get in for free.

On Sept. 21 a free festival will be held at UCO’s Plunket Park  beginning at 6 p.m. The Asian Moon Festival features cultural entertainment, games, food, and arts and crafts.

The Science Museum is hosting Tinkerfest from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sept. 29. The day will be full of 3D printing, bicycle maintenance, candle making, carpentry and much more. The event is free courtesy of Oklahoma NSF EPSCor and Boeing.

The fall fun continues through October:

The Monarch Madness 5k & Festival is a beneficially event hosted by the Oklahoma City Zoo from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Oct. 6. The race simulates the journey Monarch butterflies take for the winter season. The proceeds raised will go towards the butterfly conservation for Monarch butterflies. Registration for adults is $40 and $30 per child, ages 3-12.

Reding Farm in Chickasha is notable for hosting a corn maze every Fall. Unfortunately this year, that will not be happening. The Reding 38-acre corn maze was damaged by aphids, leaving them unable to have the corn maze and other activities. However, an alternate to the Reding Farm is The Orr Family Farm, which features zombie apocalypse paintball, Trick ORR Treat and a pumpkin festival. For prices and a compete list of activities, visit their website www.OrrFamilyFamily.com.

Last but certainly not least, HCP’s own fall event, the 2nd annual Arts Festival is on Oct. 13 from 10 a.m – 3 p.m. For more information, visit this story.

For a complete list of all the activities to come this Fall, go to Visitokc.com and Metro Family Magazine.

Jordyn Daniels, Reporter/video editor

Hi, my name is Jordyn. I'm a senior at HCP and this is my second year on the news staff. My favorite color is yellow, I like to listen to music, I love...