Summer is prime time for TV binging

Rachel Rose, Reporter

For high school students, summer is a time for binge watching TV shows. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and HBO Go/HBO Now have a variety of popular shows to choose from, so the Marionette caught up with a few students to find out what they chose to watch during the dog days of summer.

Senior Nik Dawson watched Twin Peaks (Netflix) on the recommendation of a friend.

“I loved the detailed story line. Not a lot of shows have that nowadays; it really kept me on my toes,” they said.

Dawson said they watched roughly four episodes a night, but the longest they binged in one sitting was 10 episodes, or roughly half of a season, which took around nine hours. “Twin Peaks” was such a hit with viewers that it got the reboot treatment this year, 26 years after the ending of the original two-season series.

Junior Katie Maher’s choice to watch was “Teen Wolf,” which can be watched on Amazon Prime.

“I loved the characters and their relationships, plus the plot is really dynamic and keeps you on the edge of your seat,” she said. Maher’s longest binge was 10 episodes in a row. The show is now in its sixth and final season, airing on Sunday nights on MTV.

Freshman Rori Reiswig binged all nine seasons of The Office, with her longest binge being 17 episodes back-to-back.

“I liked the comedy, and how it transitioned from comedy to more seriousness to comedy again,” Reiswig said. The show wrapped in 2013, but the entire series is available to watch on Netflix.

What did you watch over the summer? Tell us in the comments below or @ us on Twitter.