Volleyball Seniors

Dylan DelCol, Reporter

The volleyball team celebrated its seniors on Tuesday, Sept. 26.

Allison Williams is a senior who has played for the volleyball team since freshman year. She plays the position of setter on the team.

Q: What have you most enjoyed about volleyball and why?

AW: I just like the people and the team, and the atmosphere of it all. It’s a really fun environment to be in.

Q: What has kept you coming back every year?

AW: I just love playing volleyball. It’s one of my favorite things to do.

Q: Do you have any plans to continue volleyball after high school?

AW: I’m still thinking about it. Maybe if the opportunity is there I will take it.

Q: Are you seeking a scholarship for volleyball?

AW: Yes, I will if the opportunity is there.

Q: How do you think the team will do after the current seniors graduate?

AW: I think they will be pretty well. We got a new coach this year, so it’s going well. The program is definitely working its way up.  They’ll lose some players, but we’ve got a lot of good players staying. I’m not too worried about that.

Layne Cates is a senior at and has played all four years of high school. She plays in the back row and is also a serving specialist.

LC: About volleyball, it’s kind of the dynamic of the team. We all work really well together. We’re always dancing and laughing, and it’s fun.

LC: What has kept you in it all four years?

A: I like the team and the people, mostly. Some of my best friends play volleyball with me. It’s been nice.

LC: Do you have any plans to continue volleyball after high school?

A: Probably just intramural or sand volleyball. I don’t think I’m quite good enough to play on an actual school team, but if I try out and make it, then probably.

LC: Are you seeking a scholarship for volleyball?

A: No. Volleyball is more of just a fun activity for me. It’s not really super competitive for me.

LC: How do you think the team will do after the current seniors graduate?

A: I think they’re going to do really well. They have a lot of really good people, and they have a really good setter and lots of really good hitters. Everyone in the back row does really well. There are only three of us leaving, so I feel like they have a really strong coach and team.

Abbie Poss is a senior who has played since freshman year. She plays the position of right hitter and also plays in the back row.

AP: I would say mostly just being with the same girls over a period of years, since I’ve been in it since freshman year. I just like growing with them and growing as a team.

Q: How long have you played volleyball?

AP: All four years.

Q: What has kept you coming back?

AP: I’ve always really enjoyed the sport. It’s a way to meet people, and that’s what initially got me interested in it. I’ve been close with three girls that who I’m close with. That’s also kept me in it. I just like spending time with them and playing.

Q; Do you have any plans to continue volleyball after high school?

AP: Not seriously, not in college or anything, but recreationally, yes.

AP: No, I don’t think so.

AP: I think they’ll do really well. We have a really good coach this year who’s very knowledgeable, so I think they’re actually going to do really well.