Introduction To Sports

Paige Langley, Reporter

Harding Charter Prep is an academically challenging school and on top of that there is a large percentage of students who add sports on top that. Although it may seem stressful to balance school and sports, many students go above and beyond the expectations to stay on top of both. Harding is encouraging of students to participate in sports and teams are always looking for new players to add.

Volleyball

With the welcoming of a new coach, Rene Crockett, the volleyball team practices every day from 5 to 7:30 in the large gym.

Soccer

The girls’ soccer team is coached by Cory Pocock and Conner Owen. Conditioning begins in November and practice starts after winter break.

The boys’ soccer team is coached by Cory Pocock and Reed Ellard. Conditioning will also start in November and practice will begin after winter break.

Tennis

The tennis team will start practice after Labor Day and will be coached by Tom Kindinger.

Baseball

Baseball practices begin September 1 at 3:30 and will meet at Northeast Academy.

If you are interested in playing baseball this upcoming season, contact Coach Tres Savage.

Basketball

The boys’ basketball team is coached by Wade Wallace. Their practices are held every day after school located in the large gym.

The girls’ basketball team is coached by Misty Wallace. Their practices are held every day after school located in the large gym as well.

Swim

Interested in swimming? Contact Joe Hughes to find out information about a meeting that will be held sometime in September.

Cheer

Practices for cheer have not been determined yet. If interested, contact Christen Rowland.

Rowing

Rowing practices are held at the Chesapeake Boathouse with OKC Riversport . If interested, contact Kyle Malzahn.

Cross Country

Cross Country practices take place every day after school and are sponsored by Gabrielle Price.

Track

The track season begins in the spring with sponsor Gabrielle Price.

Archery 

If interested in archery attend the informational meeting on September 6 in room 303 with Jeff Wolford.