A slice of advice: campus life

Violet Parrott, Reporter

Campus life is an organization willing to come to the school in order to help those who want to know more about their religion, but recently people have come just for the pizza and to talk to their friends, which is not fair to the people involved.

I understand it’s lunchtime and all they want to do is talk and hang out with their friends, but no one forced them to come to campus life. It is disrespectful to the youth leader talking, and it’s also disrespectful to the people who actually want to be there.

When the youth leaders come every Wednesday during lunch, they bring pizza for all the students. Every student is able to get two slices of pizza, but only if they don’t dine and dash. They stress this rule because the pizza is meant for those who are actually interested in learning more about their religion.

Every week they open their meeting with listing the three major rules: no dining and dashing, respect everyone when they are talking, and to participate.

All these rules are set for a certain reason, yet some of the students that attend the meetings won’t follow them. I have attended a few of these meetings and it always amazes me how many people don’t know how to follow directions.

When the youth leaders are teaching their lesson for the week, there is always one group of students that sits at the top of the bleachers and just carry on their conversations as if they are the only ones in the room.

It is extremely hard to pay attention to the lesson when people keep blabbing about their problems that don’t even relate to the club.

The reason the Campus Life people come to our school is to talk about having good morals and helping people out of the kindness of their hearts, just like they are, yet people take advantage of them.  

If you don’t want to follow these set rules and would rather hang out and talk to friends, then you should go to the cafeteria during lunch instead of wasting other people’s time.