The Marionette

Eagle Week Events

File+photo%3A+Alex+Nadjkovic+enjoys+a+cocktail+of+Mentos+and+Diet+Coke+at+the+2018+Eagle+Week+assembly.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Eagle Week Events

File photo: Alex Nadjkovic enjoys a cocktail of Mentos and Diet Coke at the 2018 Eagle Week assembly.

Arian Farkhoy

Arian Farkhoy

Arian Farkhoy

Violet Parrott, Reporter

Every year for Eagle Week Harding partners ups with a non-profit organization and this year they have partnered with Down Syndrome Association of Central Oklahoma (DSACO). Throughout the week there will be several different activities to participate in order to support the charity.

Monday, March 25 will be Chipotle night on NW Expressway. Students are encouraged to go eat at Chipotle with their friends from 4-8pm. A percentage of the proceeds will go towards the charity.

On Tues. 24 there will several opportunities to participate. One way will be to go to Raising Cane’s on 23rd and Penn. From 3:30- 9 p.m. mention that you are with Harding and a portion of the proceeds will go to DSACO. Starting at 3:30 after school there will be Powderpuff football. Powderpuff is a flag football game where each grade will play against each other and the top two winners will play each other for the ultimate champion. Students can sign up to play or coach for $3 at the student store. Kona Ice will also be there.

Wednesday is ice cream night. Students can go to Freddy’s Frozen Custard on May from 4-9pm to have dinner and dessert. Show a ticket, which can be found at the student store, in order to get the proceeds. Students can also go down to the plaza to enjoy Roxy’s Ice cream from 5-9:30 pm

Thursday night will be the annual Mr Eagle Pageant. Several guys from each grade will participate in the pageant and one will be crowned as Mr Eagle. During the show, there will also be a silent auction. Table seats cost $15 and includes a meal. Students can purchase bleacher seats for $5  in order to watch the show. 

The date assembly will be on Friday to finish off the week. The ugly men will do their final big dare and the ugly teacher will do their big dance. To attend the dare assembly students will pay $1 to their advisory teachers on Friday.

Violet Parrott, Photo Manager

Hi, my name is Violet Parrott and this is my first year as a reporter on the news staff. I am a senior at Harding. Last year I took a journalism class...