October Awesome Eagles announced

From left to right: Dr. Mylo Miller, Lariah Allen, Gerardo Santillan, Arian Farkhoy and Errol Davis.

Kelli Taylor

Vanessa Rodriguez, Guest Reporter

The October Awesome Eagles have been chosen.

Freshman Lariah Allen, sophomore Arian Farkhoy, junior Gerardo Santillan and senior Errol Davis were chosen for this award for their class.

Each month, teachers nominate a student from each grade as an Awesome Eagle. Being an Awesome Eagle means that a student has done a good deed, a teacher has noticed it and nominated them for this award.

“The Awesome Eagle award is a great way to encourage students to do things that are kind and out of their way,” said Principal Joe Hughes.

The student Hughes nominated was chosen because he/she had helped another student that was currently not feeling well by carrying their things to most classes.

Farkhoy, who was nominated by Michael Lewchuk, won the Awesome Eagle title for his class.

Lewchuk nominated Farkhoy because he went before and after school to get help in order to understand a math concept that he was really struggling with. He also worked on those similar problems during class and by the end of the day he had figured it out.

“I worked hard and didn’t give up so I could figure the problems out. I was really concentrated because I wanted to understand it,” Farkhoy said.

But Farkhoy’s determination didn’t stop there. Lewchuk also nominated him because even after he figured the math problems out, Farkhoy decided to stick around in the classroom to help other students who were also struggling with the same concept he was.

Congratulations to all the Awesome Eagles from The Marionette!